Hello-Operator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello-Operator

order.forumotion.net

Latest topics

» Is Level still alive?
Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 8:50 am by Rahvin

» We are all stuck at home.
Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 10:47 pm by Ptero

» Goodbye and goodnight, Hello-Operator.
Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 2:00 pm by Aktve

» Polly Y76b
Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 am by Alex

» grand redesign
Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 am by Alex

» hello everybody
Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:50 am by Alex

» You alive?
Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:47 am by Alex

» What Choo Lisnin Too III: The Revenge of the Sith
Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:42 pm by Alex

» AND THEN THERE WAS ONE
Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:46 pm by Kyle

Top posting users this month

No user

Poll

What makes you wanna visit order.forum-phpbb.co.uk?
Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? I_vote_lcap29%Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? I_vote_lcap14%Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? I_vote_lcap14%Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? I_vote_lcap0%Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Live Text Adventure Night 9

Fri May 03, 2013 2:00 am by Alex

Occurrence: Saturday, June 1st

Any volunteers for hosting?

+3
Ptero
Rahvin
Aktve
7 posters

Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving?

Aktve
    Aktve
    Gentleman

Male Posts : 797

Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? Empty Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving?

Post by Aktve Sun May 19, 2013 9:21 pm

I don't have my own car anymore, but when I did it was the shit. Then I forgot to change the oil and that shit died on me, respects your oil levels homies.

Anyway I think my favorite driving memory has to be from about 2007. I had been talking to some girl on MySpace (yeah, really) and she had invited me to a party. I wasn't able to make it to the party but since I had her number I texted her with my flip phone and we decided that we should try to meet up. I was at my friends house at the time, and we had all just been skating all day. One of my friends there had a truck that was a manual and I figured I'd ask him if I could take it to go see her.

He responded with "Do you know how to drive stick?" Just to let you know, I think in America at least automatics are much more prevalent than manuals. But anyways I responded "yes", as I had often driven other friends cars that were manuals. He said "Ok, prove it." So I had to go one like a test drive with this fool in his truck around the block a few times. All was well and good and he agreed to let me take his vehicle to meet this chick.

I left at about 10 PM. It was obviously dark out, and I was still slightly worried that I'd get pulled over or something since it was a weekend and I was driving a truck that wasn't mine. Everything works out and I get to the place she's at and there's about 15 people there. We have a few drinks and just hang out and in the end I didn't even end up hooking up with her but I didn't even care. What happened next is the best thing I can remember from my driving experience.

I leave at around 5:30 in the morning. The sun barely rising and the air was clean and crisp. I start to head down this long road that leads to the main avenue that connects the cities. As I am driving down this road, windows down, hand on the wheel, slightly inebriated, Hotel California begins to play. I cannot even describe the feeling of joy that overcame me. With the sun to my left and a view to my right, I turn it up as loud as I can and continue driving. It was close to a 5 minute drive to get to the main avenue, and that was the best part. Lo and behold, the radio goes on to play the full version, which lasts well into the drive on the avenue. I arrive at my friend's house around 6am or so, and they all ask me what happened with the girl. I tell them "Nothing" and they are perplexed. I then decide to turn in for sleep and wake up later in the day with a smug feeling lol.

I never did tell them why I wasn't even bothered that we didn't hook up (at that time it was pretty much expected that if you chill with a girl you hook up). But even still that was one of my favorite days of my life.

I just read through that and it feels very pretentious. Oh well.

You?
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? Empty Re: Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving?

Post by Rahvin Mon May 20, 2013 4:22 am

Alright, here's my story that is kinda sorta not like yours in most ways, but in some ways it is.

I was 16, and I got my driver's license a week earlier. I was in Virginia at the time, and ridin' shot gun was my girlfriend from Connecticut. (I've always been an online kinda guy) Anyway, its 2001 based on the timeline, and she's in my passenger seat flirting with me and I pull away from the curb to hear CRUNCH!!!

Oh shit wtf just happened, oh it looks like I hit another car. And they're on my hood...and they're driving off my hood with popped tire.

Turns out that between my gf was enticing me with her 15 y/o sexual prowess, and my 16 y/o hormones, and me just being a young dumb idiot, I pulled away from the curb into a car's back side. It was a jeep w/ plastic windows and lots of shocks on its car, so it just kinda rode up ever me like nothing and landed a few feet away, nobody was harmed thankfully. The town of Leesburg, VA only had like 3 cops that worked days and my dad knew them all. And he was nearby, so I hit that car, freaked the fuck out, my dad calmed the situation down, changed the lady's tire cuz she was nice and understanding and let it basically go, but the cops were called as in par for Leesburg.

So here's where my story gets like Aktve's, I had court at :45am in Leesburg. At the time I had other friends I'd met on the internet, playing a game we'd played for 3-4 years, so I spent the night at their place sometimes.. So I stayed the night there the night before my court date for the accident. I ended up stayin up smoking clove cigarettes(which was p badass of me at the time), and on 24+ hours of no sleep I ended up driving myself to court... but the drive man.

I was driving an '88 Volvo, light blue with a moon roof... Me, the sleep deprivation, the clove cigarettes, raamstein, a sunrise, and the road... that combination ='d awesome.

That morning drive, when you've been up way too long, you're driving kinda sketch, but then that sun and the music just hits ya in a good way.

Very much like aktve's story.
    I'd say its not my favorite memory, but one of the most prominent. Can't decide which is my fav, but that's in the top 5 that's fo sho.
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? Empty Re: Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving?

Post by Rahvin Wed May 29, 2013 2:20 pm

Ptero drives, he should share a story of driving.

I bet Our Boy Jon drives, as well as AJ.

LETS GET SOME DRIVING STORIES PPL.
    Ptero
    Ptero
    Aerodactyl Mouse

Post by Ptero Wed May 29, 2013 7:00 pm

i don't have any fun driving stories unless almost dying is fun
    Aktve
    Aktve
    Gentleman

Post by Aktve Wed May 29, 2013 7:30 pm

Ptero wrote:i don't have any fun driving stories unless almost dying is fun

Almost dying is always fun!
    Gnome Child
    Gnome Child
    Rotary Dial

Male Posts : 3426

Post by Gnome Child Wed May 29, 2013 7:48 pm

Aktve wrote:
    Ptero wrote:i don't have any fun driving stories unless almost dying is fun

Almost dying is always fun!
    I agree. Also, I should start getting a license at some point.
    Kyle
    Kyle
    Mighty Lord of Moderation

Male Posts : 4511

Post by Kyle Wed May 29, 2013 8:15 pm

i drive but nothing interesting happens
    Tetris
    Tetris
    Rotary Dial

Male Posts : 3021

Post by Tetris Wed May 29, 2013 8:23 pm

cars terrify me.

being in them

being near them

thinking of them

i'll probably never drive a car.
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Wed May 29, 2013 10:46 pm

Tetris wrote:cars terrify me.

being near them

thinking of them

Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? 20130420_113055-resized-1280
    Tetris
    Tetris
    Rotary Dial

Male Posts : 3021

Post by Tetris Wed May 29, 2013 10:52 pm

i don't mind images of cars though
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Wed May 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Tetris wrote:i don't mind images of cars though

Well there goes my grand idea.

I was hoping we could turn this into a car image-dump and scare you into telling us all the secrets. ALL OF THEM. However, as this is not the case, more terrifying stuff.

Do you drive? What's your favorite memory of driving? 8vKg9

And to keep this relevant, another driving story:

The first time I drove was in the snow, I was driving a car with no doors and only part of a roof.. I manually shifted from first to third and almsot drove us off the top of the mountain. Very exciting times...I was only 11 at the time :/
    Gnome Child
    Gnome Child
    Rotary Dial

Post by Gnome Child Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 am

I feel like I'm piloting an Eva in beserk mode right now with all this posting. Does that count?
    Aktve
    Aktve
    Gentleman

Post by Aktve Fri May 31, 2013 1:55 am

No it doesn't
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Fri May 31, 2013 3:16 am

Not a bit of sense.
    Aktve
    Aktve
    Gentleman

Post by Aktve Fri May 31, 2013 3:20 am

Tbh I didn't even understand your post Pwn but I'm still gonna say it doesn't count
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Fri May 31, 2013 3:32 am

tbh i didn't even read it, I just saw something about "This doesn't make sense" or something so i agreed and went on with life lol
    Aktve
    Aktve
    Gentleman

Post by Aktve Fri May 31, 2013 3:34 am

2rd wrote:tbh i didn't even read it, I just saw something about "This doesn't make sense" or something so i agreed and went on with life lol

That's basically how I like to live. Just skim over everything and only pay attention to the important stuff. Like how pepper jack is better than cheddar.
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Fri May 31, 2013 3:44 am

If you like pepper jack do you like baja sauce from T-Bell? It's marketed as a Zesty Pepperjack Sauce
    Aktve
    Aktve
    Gentleman

Post by Aktve Fri May 31, 2013 3:52 am

I'm not sure that I've ever had it. I haven't eaten taco bell in like a year at least. I usually go to Jack in the Box cause it's cheaper and I can get a pretty good meal for like 2 bucks. Order of tacos and a chicken sandwich and I'm good
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Fri May 31, 2013 3:53 am

I remember driving to Jack in the box once.. I drove up to the speaker, said "I'm suffering from road rage, please give me a water before I go crazy."

and they said "ok, pull forward to the window" and gave me a free water.

Also, at JITB, I get 2 tacos, breakfast jack, and their cheapest hamburger. I call it "around the world" and it fills me up good :)
    Aktve
    Aktve
    Gentleman

Post by Aktve Fri May 31, 2013 4:02 am

Don't most places give free water though? Or was it just what you said that was amusing?

I like sometimes or at least when I was younger we would go skating late at night and skate through the drive through and ask for free shit, sometimes we would get it
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Fri May 31, 2013 4:05 am

Aktve wrote:Don't most places give free water though? Or was it just what you said that was amusing?

I like sometimes or at least when I was younger we would go skating late at night and skate through the drive through and ask for free shit, sometimes we would get it

It's that road rage comment. Today's me would think that's crazy... having worked in fast food for 3 years I know that the person taking my order doesn't give 1 flying fuck why i want the free water, just order your water, take it for free, and get the fuck outta my drivethru. No backstory or justifications necessary.
    Gnome Child
    Gnome Child
    Rotary Dial

Post by Gnome Child Fri May 31, 2013 4:55 am

I was p. much saying I felt like a I was driving a robot monster that has shed it's humanity to accomplish it's goal at any cost
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Fri May 31, 2013 5:43 am

3th wrote:I was p. much saying I felt like a I was driving a robot monster that has shed it's humanity to accomplish it's goal at any cost

I feel like every morning..
    Gnome Child
    Gnome Child
    Rotary Dial

Post by Gnome Child Fri May 31, 2013 5:47 am

#justshinjithings #getinthefuckingrobotshinji

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:33 pm