Hello-Operator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello-Operator

order.forumotion.net

Latest topics

» Is Level still alive?
Life updates EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 8:50 am by Rahvin

» We are all stuck at home.
Life updates EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 10:47 pm by Ptero

» Goodbye and goodnight, Hello-Operator.
Life updates EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 2:00 pm by Aktve

» Polly Y76b
Life updates EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 am by Alex

» grand redesign
Life updates EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 am by Alex

» hello everybody
Life updates EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:50 am by Alex

» You alive?
Life updates EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:47 am by Alex

» What Choo Lisnin Too III: The Revenge of the Sith
Life updates EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:42 pm by Alex

» AND THEN THERE WAS ONE
Life updates EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:46 pm by Kyle

Top posting users this month

No user

Poll

What makes you wanna visit order.forum-phpbb.co.uk?
Life updates I_vote_lcap29%Life updates I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Life updates I_vote_lcap14%Life updates I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Life updates I_vote_lcap0%Life updates I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Live Text Adventure Night 9

Fri May 03, 2013 2:00 am by Alex

Occurrence: Saturday, June 1st

Any volunteers for hosting?

+2
Gnome Child
Alex
6 posters

Life updates

Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Male Posts : 6237

Life updates Empty Life updates

Post by Alex Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:43 pm

Hey guys, what's going on in your life? I just thought we should catch up with each other.

As for me, I'm doing a podcast now. Here's us talking about the new Sufjan Stevens album. We're going to interview http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Congleton next week, which is super exciting!It's been a lot of fun, and it's been great getting to talk to other people about music for once. Also, being around new people and adding that kind of structure to my life has helped me a lot in getting over my depression. It's been wonderful. Also, I've started working on music with two other people on the podcast (Jeremiah and Ethan) and that's been really healthy for me as well. I'll post something here when we finish it. Oh, also, I started a Let's Play with Walkinator. I think we're going to do something for it each week, but we're still working that out.

What's going on with you guys?
    Gnome Child
    Gnome Child
    Rotary Dial

Male Posts : 3426

Life updates Empty Re: Life updates

Post by Gnome Child Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:21 am

Wow, that's crazy. I'm hella happy for you dude! I'm doing fine, still applying for jobs/trainee-ships and still not getting them :')
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:29 am

So here's what happened.

Spoiler:

It was midmarch and the theater started giving me extra hours out of nowhere. At the time I was working 3-4 days a week at the theater.. which is nothing until you count in the 3 days at taco bell. I did a 10+ day work week on accident, which wasn't really an accident because I was scheduled those days but I was in grind mode, I'm a hustla baby so I was out making that money without realizing that I was running myself into the ground.

I had my last shift at both places before vacation(spoiler alert) on the 28th and because of my out-of-nowhere crazy work life I was totally all death plague cuz no immune system after too many 70 hour work weeks back to back outta nowhere. So here I am, about to go on vacay on the 1st, hell yes vacay, but its 3 days before and I'm death plague.

This is time supposed to be spent packing shit and making sure we had stuff, I was death plague and finally done my work weeks and I was drinking like a fish and I slept all those 3 days, which is is bad thing to do when you're a husband. I didn't get in too much trouble though, cuz plague.

The first of april we rented a car, a nice little dodge dart which i'm sure means nothing to you guys cuz it meant nothing to me. We were driving this grey dart down to california. We had over an ounce of weed, 4 grams of hash, non-smoking rental car, a fifth of brandy, and the entire party had death plague. Our huge 10th anniversary, the one you plan forever, that's supposed to be super awesome and epic because forever. Death plague. Probably fevers. But fuck it. Because we're on vacation!

We normally make the drive from Portland to LA in one go, just coffee and music and a lot of determination but this time we weren't feeling up so it so we slept at a rest stop in southern  oregon. The trees were very green, but like a light-colored green because of the moss that grew on the bark of the trees. They were evergreens, like most of the NW but these were old growth trees.

Spoiler:

After that we had to drive through the pass, which is called the pass because back in the day it was the only route through the mountains, so its like a real oldschool pass through some mountains. We went up over a mile that day and my ears popped like crazy. It was night time at this point and we took some pictures of a mountain at night.. some day I'll edit this and put in the pictures. Maybe.

We spent the night in Sacramento, which is to the right of San Fran, which is on the coast for people who don't live in America or know Cali geography so great. Anyway, the hotel was super nice and btw it's the 2nd of april now that we're checking into the hotel.

April 3rd was the wife's birthday so we went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, which is like Six Flags Zoo.. ordinarily we are like "looking at animals seems fun but kinda like a waste of our time, so fuck that, sorry animals, its time for big scary roller coasters" but, we were under the grip of the plague and roller coasters seemed like too much. Looking at animals seemed more our energy level so we went to the animals for the first time and it was great.

Happy 4/20 by the way, blaze it.

Tiara had never ridden an elephant before! Which doesn't mean much to you guys cuz lots of people haven't ridden elephants, but she collects elephants. She's always collected elephants, she has 3-4 bookshelves of elephant stuff.. now she doesn't normally buy elephant stuff, but for birthdays and such her parents just always buy her elephant stuff. At this point she's told them she has enough elephant stuff, so only if its weird or unique...but srs guys, lots of elephant stuff in this house. 

Anyway, she got to ride an elephant on her birthday and we got a picture of it. There's also an angry foreign guy in the picture because he's retarded and makes retarded decisions in life. No offense to retards, they are good people, but this guy was just wrong. He just goes around making wrong decisions left and right I already know.

We also saw a tiger. Now, I'm a tiger dude. I mean, like I'm not a tiger dude like RAWWR i mean how would I type with big killing claws? But I have always had cats and so like huge cats are like "NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT". So, there's this male tiger and and a female tiger cuz tiger babies sell for good money, and they were in this small little area of grass which was sad, but it wasn't like tiny small, like it was half a football field with a tiny pond for drinking or swimming or whatever but I can't imagine a cat swimming so probably no that but who knows? cats are mysterious. 

I made eye contact with this particular cat, and he saw my plague and he knew I was no threat. He just kept chilling with his ladyfriend. I also hoped that I was giving off this vibe of: "You are awesome and can tear me to shreds, I will admire your greatness, for your are superior to me." but I think it was the plague. Either way the male kitty was just hangin out with his lady friend and I was watchin 'em cuz creeper stat and this dude comes up beside me and starts heckling the tiger....hollering things like "HERE KITTY KITTY KITTY" in the tune of calling for a pig, like when farmers go SueWEEEEE. It was about that time I glanced over and saw a sign saying: "Male tigers mark their territory with urine and spray. And you're in they're territory!"

So I see the kitty getting up to come mark his territory because plagued but not retarded. I just back the fuck up. Dude does not get sprayed because he dodged, but the next dude who came up got sprayed for doing the exact same thing but not getting out of the way of the spray. It was satisfying. All the time the kitty just left me alone cuz obvious catwhisperer 2k15 at this point.

We saw sharks and giraffes and other things of nature and went to our new hotel in Anaheim, because now its taken us 3 full days to do the drive we normally do in one day. Plague for president!

Meanwhile, we are probably actively spreading our weird mixture of disease all around errywhere. 

We go to our new hotel, which is conveniently located next to a club. We are not club kids, so we didn't go anywhere near it. The only thing it was convenient for was if you wanted to be woken up at 2:30 every morning by people far too drunk to drive, screaming at eat other in drunken adoration for a half hour before security tells them to go away. Then you can fall asleep comfortably, knowing that 100% of those people are too drunk to drive, and that 100% of them have been forced onto the streets in their cars and are out driving around on the roads where the average speed on the freeway in the slow lane in 80, no joke. But hey, fuck 'em. These are called learning experiences. Plus I can't exactly toss the first stone against a drunk driver too much because I've done that one myself. Plus this story isn't about casting stones, its about trying to get stoned. I should mention that both of our hotels have been non-smoking hotels.

If you hypothetically have over an ounce of weed and 4 grams of hash, how do you go about smoking it without having a hotel room to smoke it in? How do you smoke in a rental car that's non-smoking? 

You don't really.

If you're waking up for theme park every morning, how do you drink a fifth of brandy?

You don't really.

I mean, you find time to smoke and drink but not like you should.

So after that we went to a place called Knott's Berry Farm, which we heard might suck because they don't have crazy rides but you get the vibe by now. So we go to Knotts and I'll be honest.. it looks like they paved over their Berry Farm and put up a theme park. The theme park was pretty nice. I'll have more on this, I promise. I must tend to life things like waking my wife up to go shopping at 3am, cuz 420 munchies blaze it.
    Aktve
    Aktve
    Gentleman

Male Posts : 797

Post by Aktve Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:32 pm

Dang you came down to Knotts? I haven't been there in ages.

I got a new job driving for a non-emergency medical transport company and it's pretty dope. The people are generally nice, and it's been taking me places I've never been before so that's cool. One day I drove all the way out to Blythe (which is on the border of Arizona) and back, and another day they had me drive out to The Salton Sea. It's nice having money again. Oh and I've starting getting with girls again because money.
    Kyle
    Kyle
    Mighty Lord of Moderation

Male Posts : 4511

Post by Kyle Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:21 am

Rahvin wrote:Tiara had never ridden an elephant before! Which doesn't mean much to you guys cuz lots of people haven't ridden elephants, but she collects elephants. She's always collected elephants, she has 3-4 bookshelves of elephant stuff.. now she doesn't normally buy elephant stuff, but for birthdays and such her parents just always buy her elephant stuff. At this point she's told them she has enough elephant stuff, so only if its weird or unique...but srs guys, lots of elephant stuff in this house.

Life updates 418tNZ7nksL
    iforgotmylogininfo
    iforgotmylogininfo
    PITIFUL MORTAL

Post by iforgotmylogininfo Sat May 02, 2015 2:47 am

Oh wow, it's been a while. And by a while, I mean like three(?) years. I'm Killerhammer, hi! 

About the life updates thing: I'm kind of an adult now, I guess. I have a boyfriend who actually exists on this material plane, unlike a few of the significant others I claimed to have in the past. I have a job in construction (physical labour, woo!) and I write short fiction on the side. Working up enough money to move out in a year and get my own place, so.... yay, I guess?

To be honest, I only really came here because I was staring at the HO group on my steam profile and I got the whim to apologize (sort of?) about how I acted when I was 12-15. Sometimes I look back and think about half of the shit I said/did and ho ho holy shit I was an embarrassing motherfucker. Like for real. So. Sorry for being dumb. Yeah. I kinda cut my internet-socialization teeth on you guys, and I think I'm better for it. I guess.

Big ups to ya'll!

Life updates 4181538559

Kyle
    Kyle
    Mighty Lord of Moderation

Male Posts : 4511

Post by Kyle Sun May 03, 2015 10:21 pm

no need to apologize for the way you acted as a kid. we all did stupid shit as a kid, and after a while you realize that unless you did something honestly shitty that there's no shame in it, only humor.
    Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Male Posts : 6237

Post by Alex Wed May 13, 2015 11:58 am

iforgotmylogininfo wrote:Oh wow, it's been a while. And by a while, I mean like three(?) years. I'm Killerhammer, hi! 

Hey, buddy. No need to apologize. You should join us sometime when we do a plug.dj session, as that's pretty much the only thing we do as a group anymore, unfortunately.
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:27 am

Here I am way late in the game.

Killer I forgive you for everything man...if ever you come across this message.

#checkthehammer2015

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:36 am