Hello-Operator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello-Operator

order.forumotion.net

Latest topics

» Is Level still alive?
Favorite boss fights? EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 8:50 am by Rahvin

» We are all stuck at home.
Favorite boss fights? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 10:47 pm by Ptero

» Goodbye and goodnight, Hello-Operator.
Favorite boss fights? EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 2:00 pm by Aktve

» Polly Y76b
Favorite boss fights? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 am by Alex

» grand redesign
Favorite boss fights? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 am by Alex

» hello everybody
Favorite boss fights? EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:50 am by Alex

» You alive?
Favorite boss fights? EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:47 am by Alex

» What Choo Lisnin Too III: The Revenge of the Sith
Favorite boss fights? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:42 pm by Alex

» AND THEN THERE WAS ONE
Favorite boss fights? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:46 pm by Kyle

Top posting users this month

No user

Poll

What makes you wanna visit order.forum-phpbb.co.uk?
Favorite boss fights? I_vote_lcap29%Favorite boss fights? I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Favorite boss fights? I_vote_lcap14%Favorite boss fights? I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Favorite boss fights? I_vote_lcap0%Favorite boss fights? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Live Text Adventure Night 9

Fri May 03, 2013 2:00 am by Alex

Occurrence: Saturday, June 1st

Any volunteers for hosting?

4 posters

Favorite boss fights?

Jazz
    Jazz
    Rogue

Female Posts : 426

Favorite boss fights? Empty Favorite boss fights?

Post by Jazz Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:35 am

what are your favorite video game boss fights, and least favorites?

my list:
    favorites:
    1. Dark Souls- Chaos Witch Quelaag (the perfect difficulty for me, very interesting every time)
    2. Dark Souls- Knight Artorias (this fight is like a dance)
    3. Kingdom Hearts: Reverse Rebirth- Dark Riku final (With only 80 HP, this is an incredibly intense fight)
    4. Dark Souls- Gwyn, Lord of cinder (very tough and fast paced with the best theme music ever IMO)
    5. The legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Gannon (made the whole playthrough worth it)
    6. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories- Marluxia 1st fight (the perfect difficulty for me, plays like a dance)
    7. Dark Souls- Bell gargoyles (even after beating them many times, they still pose a threat to me)
    8. Dark Souls- Black dragon Kalmeet
    9. Guitar Hero 3- Satan (this is SOOOOO fucking hard on expert, but also exciting)
    10. Dark souls- Gwyndolin (Although I'd rather cuddle with him than fight him)

Least favorites:
    1 Kingdom hearts: Reverse Rebirth- Ansem final (I attempted this with only 80 HP, only to discover that it is nearly impossible to do, this boss fight is so absurdly difficult that my nintendo DS broke while I was playing it)
    2 Dark souls- Ornstein and Smough (this boss fight puts a massive difficulty spike in the middle of the game, even the most experienced players still struggle with this fight because of how absurdly difficult it is. I got stuck on it for 2 months before finally beating it as a level 1 solo, no shield/ armor character. there is an easy way out of this fight though, you can summon help)
    3. Dark souls- Capra Demon ( you enter the boss arena, a small area. The boss immediately jumps at you, if you manage to dodge that, there are also 2 dogs there that eat your face off. The dogs make it impossible to get through the boss battle without taking any damage, which I think is stupid. Capra Demon probably would have been hard enough alone if they gave him more health or something. Good thing this boss can be cheesed by throwing dung pies into the arena without entering it.)
    4. Dark souls- Bed of Chaos (this boss is like an obstacle course where the floor collapses into a bottomless pit in certain areas that you wouldn't be aware of unless you played it before. Also, it has these big arms that try to swat you into said holes in the floor. It stabs you with these big scythe things that are hard as hell to predict and dodge that do loads of damage. in the final stage, fire pillars appear randomly in patterns that are incredibly hard to dodge, these pillars of fire send you flying into the air and knock you on your ass, dealing most, if not all of your HP in damage. While knocked on your ass, if you survived, you usually get stabbed with one of those scythe things, which would probably finish you off.)
    5. Dark souls- Gaping Dragon (For a game that's supposed to be difficult, this boss is stupidly easy)
    6. Dark souls- Pinwheel (this boss would have been fun, if only it had more health than the common enemies in the game)
    7. most of the bosses in Wind Waker are just WAY too easy, excluding puppet Gannon and Gannon.
    8. Super Meat Boy- Meat Golem (this boss fight is basically a memory game, full of trial and error)
    9. Dark Souls- Sanctuary guardian (this is such an aggressive boss, it requires the reaction time of a fly. It's so sad because it's right before Knight Artorias, which makes the Artorias Boss fight seem easy in comparison. If Sanctuary guardian was toned down a bit, Artorias would have been #1 on my favorites list.
    10. Sonic adventure 2- The Bio Lizard (this boss is cheap and requires luck to beat it)
    Gnome Child
    Gnome Child
    Rotary Dial

Male Posts : 3426

Favorite boss fights? Empty Re: Favorite boss fights?

Post by Gnome Child Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:35 pm

I am currently too sick to remember all of my favourite games and their bosses right now so instead I'll just do top 5 dark souls ones because I've been playing pretty much only DS2 recently.

Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King-the Three Man Gank Squad (This fight was  really fun without using summons, because it's pretty much the same as being invaded by a few assholes in the belltower covenant but without ladders everywhere)

Dark Souls- Knight Artorias (This fight was smooth as fuck, fairly hard while managing to not feel unfair)

Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Ivory King- Final Boss (I think they managed to fit the lore into this fight really well, the setting was amazing too)

Dark Souls 2- The Darklurker (While he was pretty easy when above 50% HP, I feel like the second half of the fight was very well designed. I also like that you can't summon for this fight.

Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Old Iron King- Boss fight before you get the crown (No spoilerinos, but my reasoning for this is pretty much the same as Artorias)

Also shout out to Gwyn and The Pursuer, those dudes were cool too

Edit: Man I dunno what I was thinking, final boss of Ivory King DLC was better than those other two for sure IMO

Last edited by Gnome Child on Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jazz
    Jazz
    Rogue

Post by Jazz Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:33 pm

I haven't played Dark souls 2 yet, although I've seen video of it and pursuer looks like a fun boss. Would you recommend Dark souls 2? I keep hearing mixed reviews of it.
    Gnome Child
    Gnome Child
    Rotary Dial

Male Posts : 3426

Post by Gnome Child Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:30 am

I didn't find it quite as hard as Dark Souls 1, but I think the level design and cleaned up gameplay made it more fun overall. I would 100% recommend it if you liked the original Dark Souls.
    Jazz
    Jazz
    Rogue

Post by Jazz Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:09 pm

I'll try not to laugh too hard at the elevator that leads to the iron keep.
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:28 am

I once fought with my boss, it was a sad day and I try not to think about it. 

I was a jerk.

What little wisp of a ginger soul I have hurts just thinking about it.
    TITAN
    TITAN
    Unmasked

Male Posts : 1094

Post by TITAN Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:54 pm

I'm really fond of most of the DS and DS2 bosses. The DLC for 2 had a lot of great bosses in particular, like Sir Alonne, the final boss of OIK, the Darklurker, Sinh in sunken king, and the final boss of ivory king. I was pretty disappointed by the actual final boss of 2, even though there's an in-lore reason for it. I kind of wish there were more non-human bosses in DS2, though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:05 pm