Hello-Operator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello-Operator

order.forumotion.net

Latest topics

» Is Level still alive?
My dad EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 8:50 am by Rahvin

» We are all stuck at home.
My dad EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 10:47 pm by Ptero

» Goodbye and goodnight, Hello-Operator.
My dad EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 2:00 pm by Aktve

» Polly Y76b
My dad EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 am by Alex

» grand redesign
My dad EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 am by Alex

» hello everybody
My dad EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:50 am by Alex

» You alive?
My dad EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:47 am by Alex

» What Choo Lisnin Too III: The Revenge of the Sith
My dad EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:42 pm by Alex

» AND THEN THERE WAS ONE
My dad EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:46 pm by Kyle

Top posting users this month

No user

Poll

What makes you wanna visit order.forum-phpbb.co.uk?
My dad I_vote_lcap29%My dad I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
My dad I_vote_lcap14%My dad I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
My dad I_vote_lcap0%My dad I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Live Text Adventure Night 9

Fri May 03, 2013 2:00 am by Alex

Occurrence: Saturday, June 1st

Any volunteers for hosting?

2 posters

My dad

Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

My dad Empty My dad

Post by Rahvin Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:06 am

Not sure if you've seen this, but this is my dad. And CBS stands for Charlotte Blues Society, not the Central Broadcating Station or whatev..

Last edited by Rahvin on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : threw myself into a cactus on accident ouch)
    Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Male Posts : 6237

My dad Empty Re: My dad

Post by Alex Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:10 am

Your dad has a southern accent. Also, that instrument kicks ass. Is it something he just made or is it a pre-established instrument?
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:09 am

That was made by a man with the name of John Lowe, he calls them a Lowebow :) It's an electric guitar made out of a cigar box and two broom handles...he's given almost all of his guitars away over the years, now he pretty much just plays the Lowebow..you can google lowebow and get some cool images of other similar guitars, some of them look pretty badass

And yeah, my dad has lived in these places:
    Virginia, West Virginia, Virginia again, North Carolina, and now South Carolina..his accent isn't even real which is the funny thing. He can talk just like a normal regular guy, but he he slips into accents as a way of communicating in a fun way....I think...I don't really know WHY he does it, but when I talk to him on the phone I do it too. He and I sound like a couple of slackjawed yokels.

Some folk'll never eat a skunk but then again some folk'll like Cletus the slackjawed yokel.
    Some folk'll never lose a toe but then again some folk'll like Cletus the slackjawed yokel.

Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Male Posts : 6237

Post by Alex Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:15 am

Your dad seems like a really interesting man. Any good stories?
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:55 am

You want stories? Well, I came from a dad who tells stories, hence all my tl;drs. 

One time my dad when my dad was a young hippie he got a christmas tree, he forgot to water it for months. MONTHS. As in his christmas tree was still there in march...during that time he and all his friends hung beer cans on it, making it into a really good christmas tree. 

Well, they were smoking one time, and they were all faded hippies and they had this woodstove with which they heated their house... a spark flew out of the thing.
    My dad F2400-D-610x340

The spark flew onto the tree and within seconds the thing was on fire. They didn't notice at first cuz they were faded and listening to something on the record player...

The tree thankfully did not burn down the house, but it did burn up entirely while the womenfolk ran back and forth with pots of water to put out the dag on tree.

That's an alright story.

*********** the above story is a filler story *************
    *********** below is a story about his music ************

He had a car business, and he sold it for over 1 million dollars. He spent 400k on a building in VA, 200k on a diff business, he bought a house for 200k, and the other 200k went to improvements AND HIS MUSIC.

He took 6 weeks and went down to Mississippi and had only a suitcase, his guitar, a car, and money to eat and stuff... he went to the barber shop, where all the black people play their blues and stuff, and he became friends with them... they took him out into the hills to houses that don't even have power and all they do is play blues. He spent 6 weeks mingling with them and playing blues day in and day out.

He learned a type of blues called the "hill-stomp blues" which is when all those people in houses without power start playing blues and stompin their feet to act like a drum, and they turn their houses into drums...you can hear the stomping of blues players singing their songs echoing off the hills of mississippi, hence the hill-stomp part.

*****************above is the story about his music*****************

More stories to come, you gotta keep replying and tuning in tho.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:24 pm