Hello-Operator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello-Operator

order.forumotion.net

Latest topics

» Is Level still alive?
Hello-Operator EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 8:50 am by Rahvin

» We are all stuck at home.
Hello-Operator EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 10:47 pm by Ptero

» Goodbye and goodnight, Hello-Operator.
Hello-Operator EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 2:00 pm by Aktve

» Polly Y76b
Hello-Operator EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 am by Alex

» grand redesign
Hello-Operator EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 am by Alex

» hello everybody
Hello-Operator EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:50 am by Alex

» You alive?
Hello-Operator EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:47 am by Alex

» What Choo Lisnin Too III: The Revenge of the Sith
Hello-Operator EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:42 pm by Alex

» AND THEN THERE WAS ONE
Hello-Operator EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:46 pm by Kyle

Top posting users this month

No user

Poll

What makes you wanna visit order.forum-phpbb.co.uk?
Hello-Operator I_vote_lcap29%Hello-Operator I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Hello-Operator I_vote_lcap14%Hello-Operator I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Hello-Operator I_vote_lcap0%Hello-Operator I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Live Text Adventure Night 9

Fri May 03, 2013 2:00 am by Alex

Occurrence: Saturday, June 1st

Any volunteers for hosting?

+6
killerhammer
Kyle
Gnome Child
Dark Matter
Alex
LevelAktveIsRahvin
10 posters

Hello-Operator

LevelAktveIsRahvin
    LevelAktveIsRahvin
    Operator

Male Posts : 1066

Hello-Operator Empty Hello-Operator

Post by LevelAktveIsRahvin Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:36 pm

Friends, I think it's time that we start seriously considering the future of this forum. I think we can all agree that it has been dead for a while now, and I don't see any way that our activity can JUMP DRAMATICALLY without another spam post month.

Now don't get me wrong, I love this place. We've all had some great times, but I think at this point we should start considering how we want to lay our child to rest. 

I wouldn't really see a reason to LOCK THIS PLACE DOWN COMPLETELY, besides the fact that I still stop by here and expect new activity, besides the random spam post or WATCHU LISTENING TO post. 

Perhaps we could start a new very small forum, just so that we can still post and stuff when we get a little frisky, but I think a proper way to end this part of our relationship would be to lock the forum as is and deny any new users from joining.
    Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Male Posts : 6237

Hello-Operator Empty Re: Hello-Operator

Post by Alex Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:33 am

I don't 100% agree with what you're saying, but I do agree that it might be important to have a discussion about the forum and where it's headed. I think a bit of a downsizing might make sense, but I don't understand not allowing new users to sign up.

As a side note, I would like to mention that I don't understand us as a group. We don't make sense. The activity of this forum after we all stopped playing transformice is so improbable and the fact that it actually happened is just bonkers.
    I say this because we don't have shit in common. There isn't one interest that unifies us. This is a discussion board about fucking nothing. We just keep on going and I can't fathom why. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love you guys. It just doesn't actually make sense that we, as a group, still exist.
    Dark Matter
    Dark Matter
    Gentleman

Male Posts : 507

Post by Dark Matter Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:34 pm

Because the lord helix has willed it.

Praise Helix.
    Gnome Child
    Gnome Child
    Rotary Dial

Male Posts : 3426

Post by Gnome Child Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:01 pm

Hey, maybe if we get like 20 new people to join they'll start posting and get some wickedsick necromancies going. Anyway yeah it's pretty bullshit we lasted 4-5 years, and I'd like to thank Based God Lil' B, Yeezus, videodonkey.com and Shrek for the time we've had together :') Also even if people stop posting here we all have eachother on steam and shit so yeah there's that
    Kyle
    Kyle
    Mighty Lord of Moderation

Male Posts : 4511

Post by Kyle Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:39 am

Tateos wrote:As a side note, I would like to mention that I don't understand us as a group. We don't make sense. The activity of this forum after we all stopped playing transformice is so improbable and the fact that it actually happened is just bonkers.
    I say this because we don't have shit in common. There isn't one interest that unifies us. This is a discussion board about fucking nothing. We just keep on going and I can't fathom why. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love you guys. It just doesn't actually make sense that we, as a group, still exist.
    yeah lol the only thing that connects us is we played a flash game once. now we're just internet strangers who get together to talk about stuff sometimes, and for some reason we're still around talking to each other almost four years later. once this forum disintegrates into nothingness i know for a fact that i will never talk to any of you guys ever again.
    killerhammer
    killerhammer
    Rogue

Male Posts : 227

Post by killerhammer Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:14 pm

rip
    Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Post by Alex Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:37 pm

I think a question that should be asked is: do any of us really care about the continuation of this place anymore?
    NinjaLucario188
    NinjaLucario188
    Rogue

Post by NinjaLucario188 Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:02 pm

I would be disappointed if the forum was discontinued; I'm only really friends with Tat and Walk but I enjoy logging in here from time to time and checking out what people have said and posted.
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:33 am

I was once told that friends are put in our lives for a reason, for a season, or for life. It's ok to not be friends with people when its over. 

When its over, that's the time I fall in loooove again.

But my vote is for I care if we come here and leave messages for each other sometimes :)
    Kyle
    Kyle

Post by Kyle Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:00 pm

Tateos wrote:I think a question that should be asked is: do any of us really care about the continuation of this place anymore?
    honestly i don't, but if this community is to finally die it should be natural.
    Gnome Child
    Gnome Child
    Rotary Dial

Post by Gnome Child Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:52 pm

I vote that just leave it open too, yo. Also if I didn't find you guys on Transformice and end up on this forum I wouldn't have found out about Homestuck until waaaay later and would probably not have met my current irl friends through it anymore, so thanks Hello-Operator for helping me meet my irl bff's :')
    Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Post by Alex Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:37 pm

I can't say that this website hasn't done a lot for me, either. This place has allowed me to pursue certain interests of mine freely on a small scale while drawing me away from parts of the Internet that I was addicted to and creating the most meaningful relationships I've had with people on the Internet. Thank you guys for giving me your friendship and my playground.
    Kyle
    Kyle

Post by Kyle Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:40 am

thank you for allowing me to make 4340 posts i guess lol. when i joined i was an angry teenaged college sophomore student and now i'm a considerably chiller adult male grad student. not sure what kind of influence this forum had on my life but thanks for being cool people to chat with and not permabanning me within the first week for being a massive shithead
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:36 pm

I'm at a point in my life where extreme changes don't come that fast... I'm more or less the same person I was when we met. Sure, I'm in a different apartment(2 miles away from where I started), and I'm no longer in school and have a job...but I like the exact same music, wear some of the same clothes, and believe in the same things. 

It seems like time has barely passed since the creation of this forum... but I gotta remember that quite a few of us were 12-14 and are now adults moving out. A lot of who I was and what I believed in changed from 12-14 to adult, I was a different person coming out of my teens than I was going in. A lot has changed for you guys, but not much for me. Thank you for growing up with me in your lives, it has been fun and I look forward to see what you guys do when you're all grown up. 

I'm sure some of us will keep in contact with each other, though I dunno how to get in touch with jon if this place ever for some reason isn't here anymore...but I think he's the only one I don't have on steam.

I have a confusing situation on steam though, everybody has names I don't recognize so i'm not sure who I'm talking to half the time lol.

I love you guys.
    Kyle
    Kyle

Post by Kyle Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:57 am

Rahvin wrote:I'm sure some of us will keep in contact with each other, though I dunno how to get in touch with jon if this place ever for some reason isn't here anymore...but I think he's the only one I don't have on steam.

i know for a fact that once this is over i'll never speak to any of you again. and to be honest, i'm okay with that. you're all very good people, but it'll be nice to just have closure on this so maybe i can finally move on from the internet entirely.
    Gnome Child
    Gnome Child
    Rotary Dial

Post by Gnome Child Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:00 am

dweezil wrote:i know for a fact that once this is over i'll never speak to any of you again.
    If you're ever on anything on the internet after this I'll make sure to hunt you down and bug you until you talk to me just so you're wrong, yw :')
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:32 am

The internet is still a lot like the wild wild west, but like the wild wild west it has to end sometime.

I've been replaying Red Dead Redemption, and when I play it I think if Ptero because the first time I played through it he and I talked about it quite a bit. I remember Ptero said Mexico was one of the prettiest places he'd experienced in a game, and I remember him commenting on how the song that plays when you get to Mexico is the only real soundtrack the game has. That being said, I see things as the west is ending.

When the internet was starting there were many small domains, little villages and towns... but as resources depleted and people lost a reason to be at that town or village, the town or village was abandoned, making ghost towns... HO has no reason NOT to be a ghost town other than we like each other. We have no cheese to hunt, we have no fancy hats to buy, we have no time or motivation to go to any weekly gathering such as church(some metaphor for gaming together).. there's no reason for us to be together other than that's what we do.

Having been married as long as I have, I often experience similarities with my wife. We have grown apart in time, I like things she doesn't like, I don't like the things she likes. I don't dislike them, but we really don't have much in common anymore... but we're together because we love each other and want to support each other. I've got that "in-it-for-the-long-haul" mentality in life, and I carry it over to the internet. This place doesn't have to die because we have nothing in common, the fact that we know each other and care about each other should be enough to keep this place alive.

I agree that if we die, it should be a natural death...but I care too much. This is still my number 1 visited site on the internet, and I intend to visit it like a coma patient long after its gone.. because of love. I've come to love each and every one of you, some more than others, and I look forwar to the time when you have something to tell us. Some day, someone will have something to say, and I'll be here watching over the place. I'm hellllla bad at keeping in touch with people, but I always come back...

Anyway, yeah, we're not who we were when we started, and we're not who we were a year ago, and that's ok. Nobody should feel obligated to check in....but feel free to check in. 

Also, tat, if you need any $$ keeping our domain name just hmu.. I'm willing to help out any way I can.
    Kyle
    Kyle

Post by Kyle Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:07 am

TurntSNACO wrote:If you're ever on anything on the internet after this I'll make sure to hunt you down and bug you until you talk to me just so you're wrong, yw :')
    i try not to use the same name anywhere so you'd never know it was me. plus i think i'll be done with the internet after this
    Gnome Child
    Gnome Child
    Rotary Dial

Post by Gnome Child Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:33 am

wow you're leaving forever
    Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Post by Alex Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:01 am

As much as I will miss your presence, that would probably be really healthy for you.
    Kyle
    Kyle

Post by Kyle Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:52 pm

TurntSNACO wrote:wow you're leaving forever

not now, but i'll only keep stopping by as long as this forum stays here.
    NinjaLucario188
    NinjaLucario188
    Rogue

Post by NinjaLucario188 Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:43 pm

I enjoy telling random people what I'm listening to and quoting song lyrics in my signature; I'll still be around.

>done with the internet
    What a concept...
    Gnome Child
    Gnome Child
    Rotary Dial

Post by Gnome Child Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Hopefully Hussie will finish Homestuck before this place dies so we can flip out at eachother about the ending
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:05 am

I've never read homestuck, perhaps I should read it.

How do I even start doing that? 

This thread is no longer a sentimental goodbye thread, this is now a rebirth-around-rahvin-reading-homestuck thread.
    Gnome Child
    Gnome Child
    Rotary Dial

Post by Gnome Child Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:43 am

Well it has about 6851 pages, but if you really feel like going through all that then here's where you'd start :')

Or if you'd like to read his shorter story which is also really cool first to see what they're like that'd probably be a good idea

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:47 am