Hello-Operator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello-Operator

order.forumotion.net

Latest topics

» Is Level still alive?
Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 8:50 am by Rahvin

» We are all stuck at home.
Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 10:47 pm by Ptero

» Goodbye and goodnight, Hello-Operator.
Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 2:00 pm by Aktve

» Polly Y76b
Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 am by Alex

» grand redesign
Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 am by Alex

» hello everybody
Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:50 am by Alex

» You alive?
Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:47 am by Alex

» What Choo Lisnin Too III: The Revenge of the Sith
Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:42 pm by Alex

» AND THEN THERE WAS ONE
Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:46 pm by Kyle

Top posting users this month

No user

Poll

What makes you wanna visit order.forum-phpbb.co.uk?
Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome I_vote_lcap29%Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome I_vote_lcap14%Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome I_vote_lcap14%Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome I_vote_lcap0%Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Live Text Adventure Night 9

Fri May 03, 2013 2:00 am by Alex

Occurrence: Saturday, June 1st

Any volunteers for hosting?

3 posters

Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome

Kyle
    Kyle
    Mighty Lord of Moderation

Male Posts : 4511

Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome Empty Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome

Post by Kyle Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:02 am

NEXT TEXT ADVENTURE MEETING:
    April 13, 8pm CST

PAST TEXT ADVENTURE MEETINGS:
    1 - 2

SHAMELESS COPYPASTE ON IRC EXPOSITION:
    OK, the room is set up on EsperNet on the channel #hello-operator. I suggest you get mIRC for your IRC needs because it doesn't suck and you can use colors with Ctrl+k.

HOW TO USE mIRC
    Every time the program opens it will remind you of your 30 day trial. This trial is a major pushover but if you want to buy it its fine with me. After that little reminder you will see a massive list of servers. (If you don't, on the side panel theres a section marked "Servers", click on that.) Look for the server marked Espernet and double click it, then click connect, then put your username on the window it takes you to, and click OK. Once it finally connects, type in /j (or /join) #hello-operator and it'll take you to the room. Its complicated I know but you'll get used to it. I did.

HOW ESPERNET WORKS
    The only things you absolutely have to know is that banning and opping people are different in the ancient scary world of IRC. Also about the bots ChanServ and NickServ, but thats slightly later. To ban someone either right click their name and click Ban and it will ban them until you unban them, or use any of these codes,

Ban: /mode #channel +b username!identd@host reason
    Ban with ChanServ: /msg chanserv ban (from here its the same)
    Ban with mIRC alias: /b #channel (from here its the same)

To unban them use minus instead of plus or unban instead of ban. I prefer you use *!*@host because theres always a possibility the banned person will come back under a different name or identd. To op and deop replace b with o or ban with op and deop

Now about NickServ, everyone should get themselves registered with this:

/msg nickserv register password your@email.com

Check your email and follow those steps. To log in to nickserv write /msg nickserv identify name password. I'll teach y'all more about IRC when the info is needed. For now I'll just be in the room I told you guys to be in.

Current Adventures:
    IRCRPG-Hectic
    Obesity Quest-Tateos
    Get Laughs Or Die Trying-Sirpwnington
    Ugandan Dicklord-Tateos
    Evangeliquest-Tateos (& Walkinator?)

Last edited by JoN on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Male Posts : 6237

Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome Empty Re: Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome

Post by Alex Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Coming soon to this post: Adventurelogs
    Kyle
    Kyle

Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome Empty Re: Super Duper Official IRC THREAD of awesome

Post by Kyle Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:21 am

Tateos wrote:Coming soon to this post: Adventurelogs

adventurelogs are in the OP, past text adventure meetings are supposed to be posted on pastebin but i wasn't there yesterday because i forgot they were on friday when i decided to take my 8 hour "nap"

EDIT: Posted sir's log on pastebin, permanently opped AJ on the channel
    Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Post by Alex Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:01 am

JoN wrote:
    Tateos wrote:Coming soon to this post: Adventurelogs

adventurelogs are in the OP, past text adventure meetings are supposed to be posted on pastebin but i wasn't there yesterday because i forgot they were on friday when i decided to take my 8 hour "nap"

EDIT: Posted sir's log on pastebin, permanently opped AJ on the channel

I meant each adventure's individual log, not the night's log. That way if you missed a night or two or you were late, you can go into the log and read what you missed without having to scroll through all of the other shit. It would just be the used commands and the next part of the story.
    Kyle
    Kyle

Post by Kyle Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:57 pm

i'll take all of the stuff from each pastebin and frankenstein them into one when they're finished, or just frankenstein them now and post them in a seperate thread
    TITAN
    TITAN
    Unmasked

Male Posts : 1094

Post by TITAN Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:47 pm

I keep going AFK during this and I can't help it
    Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Post by Alex Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:56 pm

AJfriss wrote:I keep going AFK during this and I can't help it

i was experiencing the same with transfrmice
    TITAN
    TITAN
    Unmasked

Male Posts : 1094

Post by TITAN Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Tateos wrote:
    AJfriss wrote:I keep going AFK during this and I can't help it

i was experiencing the same with transfrmice

This is my crippling not-adhd at work

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:39 am