Hello-Operator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello-Operator

order.forumotion.net

Latest topics

» Is Level still alive?
Minecraft 3.0 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 8:50 am by Rahvin

» We are all stuck at home.
Minecraft 3.0 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 10:47 pm by Ptero

» Goodbye and goodnight, Hello-Operator.
Minecraft 3.0 EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 2:00 pm by Aktve

» Polly Y76b
Minecraft 3.0 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 am by Alex

» grand redesign
Minecraft 3.0 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 am by Alex

» hello everybody
Minecraft 3.0 EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:50 am by Alex

» You alive?
Minecraft 3.0 EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:47 am by Alex

» What Choo Lisnin Too III: The Revenge of the Sith
Minecraft 3.0 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:42 pm by Alex

» AND THEN THERE WAS ONE
Minecraft 3.0 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:46 pm by Kyle

Top posting users this month

No user

Poll

What makes you wanna visit order.forum-phpbb.co.uk?
Minecraft 3.0 I_vote_lcap29%Minecraft 3.0 I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Minecraft 3.0 I_vote_lcap14%Minecraft 3.0 I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Minecraft 3.0 I_vote_lcap0%Minecraft 3.0 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Live Text Adventure Night 9

Fri May 03, 2013 2:00 am by Alex

Occurrence: Saturday, June 1st

Any volunteers for hosting?

+2
Rahvin
Alex
6 posters

Minecraft 3.0

Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Male Posts : 6237

Minecraft 3.0 Empty Minecraft 3.0

Post by Alex Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:56 am

I've been playing minecraft a lot lately because of the (awesome) new update, and I've been building up an NPC village into a full blown town/small city. I'll post pictures when I'm done.
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Minecraft 3.0 Empty Re: Minecraft 3.0

Post by Rahvin Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:37 am

Awesome new update?

Building an NPC city?

WHAT
    Kyle
    Kyle
    Mighty Lord of Moderation

Male Posts : 4511

Post by Kyle Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:20 pm

i'm not a very creative person so i don't play minecraft
    Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Post by Alex Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:11 pm

i'm not done yet, but i thought i'd post progress pics anyway. i plan on building other towns and then roleplaying as a diplomat. you know, because strange golem-like creatures who pretty much just stare blankly all the time probably have a lot of tension with bordering communities

Minecraft 3.0 Villag10

i'm a little worried that if i share this i'll lose my motivation to keep working on and finish the village
    LevelAktveIsRahvin
    LevelAktveIsRahvin
    Operator

Male Posts : 1066

Post by LevelAktveIsRahvin Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Looks good tat. In my creative world I have a huge italian city thing that I've been working on. All houses have fully detailed rooms, and the city spans over a few hundred blocks in total. I should post a video of the complete walkthrough once I'm finished.

Anyways, I have my own minecraft server now! It's hosted from my own pc so it's no up all the time, but it's pretty good with lag and we should have fun times if we were to play together.
    Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Post by Alex Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:02 pm

LevelAktveIsRahvin wrote:Anyways, I have my own minecraft server now! It's hosted from my own pc so it's no up all the time, but it's pretty good with lag and we should have fun times if we were to play together.

Cool! We should totally play on that sometime. I've always thought HO should have some type of minecraft server.
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:04 pm

And I can redownload it and find my mouse and then we're good to go! Btw, I don't remember how to build jack or shit so if zombies come to eat us you guys gotta have swords n shit to save me cuz I'm too busy punchin trees.
    LevelAktveIsRahvin
    LevelAktveIsRahvin
    Operator

Post by LevelAktveIsRahvin Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Server is located at 96.241.36.95:56771

It is currently up and should be all night if you'd like to stop by. My friend and I are currently on our on world but if you'd like I can generate one just for us to play on to get a fresh start.
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:27 pm

downloading
    installing
    forgetting username
    forgetting password
    recovering info
    resetting info
    downloading further components
    eventually this will get fun
    on my way
    Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Post by Alex Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:47 pm

Jazz and I are hanging out and I didn't bring my laptop so we can't join you guys for now, but maybe i can come later.
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:09 am

I crafted some mines on levels server today, and will continue in like 3 hours if it's still up somehow
    LevelAktveIsRahvin
    LevelAktveIsRahvin
    Operator

Post by LevelAktveIsRahvin Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:48 pm

So I have an idea for a halloween spooktacular!!!!!11!!1!

I have created Spookyville, which is across the river from our little town and is OFF LIMITS until we decide a good time to explore together. 

Basically, I have distributed chests with pieces of obsidian and other halloween goodies amongst the village. The goal is to work together to find all of the pieces of obsidian needed to build a portal, which we will then build and go through on or near Halloween to explore the Nether.

Iunno I thought it was a CUTE idea and wanted your feedback on it and when would be the best time to explore Spookyville. I think a good time would be before halloween cause then we can erect the portal right away and have it ready for exploration.
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:03 am

I almost accidentally explored spookyville but I'm too chicken to explore on my own.

Plus it looks really spooky.

I AM AVAILABLE WED/THUR/FRI/SAT midnight to midnight
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:24 am

This is becoming a thing.

Today AJ just popped on and kept me company for a while. His foundation is started, but he needs about 9 buckets of lava to complete it. This guy is a crazy guy.

I am supernub, after about 50 game days I grew a pair and decided to adventure out. I saw somewhere you could get a cat, so here I am out in the middle of nowhere looking for a cat. I've spent about 4 game days of adventuring. There are little outposts here and there with safety, a container with food, a craft table, and furnace. I'd say I'm up to my 4th outpost, I hope to cover this world with places I've explored, and left behind food and random supplies for anyone who follows in my footsteps.

With some of them I even spend a few days there stocking the places so someone will someday find them and be like "omg yiss". If anyone finds my places, quote the signs I left at them and I'll give you a prize.

You guys who aren't doing this should be doing this, level is pretty swag about keeping the server open when he's not tf2'ing, so I'm getting the whole experience of minecraft by coming back day after day building this and that. Explore this world with me, lets find cats and wolves.

Update: I found wolves, they aren't fun to tame. Run awaaay.

Update: I went to find a cat, gave up, and started building a missionary trail. I hope I am headed homeward. I'm lost as all hell but have hella punkins for the competition so I have to play this safe with building new houses every 5 minutes out in the wildes so that i don't get coolguy'd by coolguys. I have literally no idea where I am and what way home is. This is quite the adventure you guys. HAAAAALP 
    OMG HALP WHERE AM I

Update: If only I had a way of knowing where I was, and where I was trying to go. This is totally bootcamp, just living off the land...no mining...just surviving. I have to carry these pumpkins home. They are totally spoopy. God save me.
    Aktve
    Aktve
    Gentleman

Male Posts : 797

Post by Aktve Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:28 pm

I should join this but I haven't played in like a year and a half and the updates since then haven't piqued my interest.
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:11 am

I have minecraft dreams, which is cool cuz I tear down my dreams and rebuild them however I please. 

I hope I can do some crafting tonight or tomorrow night. I'm still in the middle of nowhere with a ton of spooky stuff. I now know how to check my location but I dunno where home is lol
    Alex
    Alex
    Master of Ceremonies

Post by Alex Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:58 am

i am working away steadily at my villages. i haven't worked on the first one too much since i posted the picture, but i've begun working at another one which is coming quite nicely.
    it is of similar scope to the first one.
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:36 am

Do they always live in Sandy places? 

If so I should troll them by changing all their roads to dirty, or worse, water

Update: I was lost and sad, I began writing messages of despair on my signs... I even stopped making signs.. my heart was weary.

I hit F3, and looked at my coords. I didn't know where to go, so I went to google and asked them what to do. They said minecraft comes with a compass now, so I looked up how to build one. According to the internet I need redstone ore and 4 irons, so I set up camp somewhere and built a house, a fishing spot, and a mine connecting into my house. For days i mined until I found the redstone and iron...I made myself a compass.

I hit F3 again and looked at my compass, and it turns out that there's a little reticle that has 3 colors on it that spin as I turn, and it turns out that red is considered the same as the compass, meaning red is the original spawn point. From red I should be able to find home. There is hope in my body. There is a spring in my step. ALL THIS TIME I HAD A COMPASS TELLING ME WHICH WAY TO GO! Welp, that's learning.
    Spoiler:

Update: In my old mining camp I made a box to set my shit. I left it there. I am returning to it to grab my stuff. My spoopy punkins....

Update: I found my spoopy gear that's 2spooky4u.. I have a good feel for how to get where I've been, yay! I feel like a real adventurer! This server is awesome, thank you to level for leaving it open for me sometimes <3 You're giving me a good mc experience, I've learned a lot. But the celebration isn't fully on until I find home. I feel like those dogs and cat from homeward bound because I'm srsly lost, but I keep getting clues on how to get home. Living off the land is 2nd nature...and here's the kicker:

will I ever be happy just sitting at home after this experience?

Yes. Probably. We'll see.

Did I tame a cat? No. Wolf? No. My fear of leaving our small little section? Yes, I can survive.. One day I was out walking, and a spider attacked me because I guess it was night or something but it was snowing so I didn't notice the change from good spider to bad spider except that it got me down to 1.5 health. My pumpkins are the driving force i have of surviving. I need them. I need them or I'll explode. That happens to me sometimes.

I am home.
    I'm in my basement, laughing at who I used to be... I've grown..I'm not the man I used to be. Come at me world! I can take you! I'm not afraid. 

Also, I ran home through spookyville but I kept my eye on the compass and didn't see anything other than what we can see from across the river :)  

We should name our river. And the ocean behind my house..

I have food available in my house, take what you need so you don't die.
    I have beds available in my house, sleep if you want.
    I have storage available in my house, the boxes are at the foot of your bed.
    I have crafting table and furnace available in my house, craft and furnace all you want.
    I have a tunnel to level's house in case you want to fap to him sleeping.

Also, Level. I've thanked you once, but I'm totally diggin this hella major ways. Thank you for turning on the server for me before you go to sleep, this is my favorite way to spend a night. I feel the love...<3 you really care about my happiness n shizz. Ima have another night free tomorrow night after midnight(mytime) and would love to keep on spükifying my house and stuff. I dunno how much of an inconvenience it is for you to put the server on, I don't want you to get in trouble for anything...or ruin anything you're doing...but this is the most fun I've on on minecraft ever. I finally understand it a bit, and the more problems I get into the more I learn how to solve those problems.
    Aktve
    Aktve
    Gentleman

Post by Aktve Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:53 am

what

also doesn't the compass point to origin
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Yeah, if you hit f3 there's a compass, red points to origin which is relatively close to our home :) it felt good to make it home alive. I'm working on making a spooky house, but I think if aj gets his lava he could win it all
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:03 pm

Apparently Red on the F3 menu doesn't point to original spawn point, it seems to just point east. I started up my single player game, was in the middle of freakin nowhere and decided to follow the red arrow and see what happened, and I didn't go home...I just went east.

Eventually I had to set up camp somewhere and give up on finding home for a while. I needed a source of food so I lured about 30 chickens into a chicken pen and keep feeding them so they make babies. None of the babies have grown, i'm not sure what it takes to grow a chicken entirely, but hopefully these babies turn into food soon :)

I remembered from my previous exploration that I can make a compass with some redstone and iron so that was my goal.. I made a nice little mine and around depth 11 I found 6 diamonds. Diamond pickaxe is my best friend now. I'm trying not to waste it, but it seems like this thing goes for miles. Diamond pickaxe you my only friend. <3
    Kyle
    Kyle
    Mighty Lord of Moderation

Male Posts : 4511

Post by Kyle Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:38 pm

if the red is associated with blue and green arrows, you were probably just travelling on the x axis. green would have had you going through the y axis (up) and blue through the z axis (north). at least i think so. i think i remember y being the up-down axis in minecraft which is fucking weird. also the sun rises in the north in minecraft so that might also throw things off
    Rahvin
    Rahvin
    Uncle Rahvin

Post by Rahvin Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Yep you're right, that compass just means I was headed east on the east-west axis. I decided to follow it in my single player game as if it was a compass pointing home. 

Turns out that was wrong, so very wrong. Now I'm hella deep and lost in that game but I no longer care about getting home. My new home is much better.

I like our new home on the server too, its a shame AJ couldn't get to us without dying :( He would have loved our flower forest.
    Aktve
    Aktve
    Gentleman

Post by Aktve Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:47 pm

no I meant if you're holding a crafted compass in your hand I think it points to Origin or 0,0 in the world, not where you last set your spawn at.

yeah check it http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Compass
    Aktve
    Aktve
    Gentleman

Post by Aktve Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:52 am

What version of MC is the server running I'm guessing just most recent vanilla?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm